February Focus: "Remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation" (Helaman 5:12)


January Focus: "Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation" (2 Ne. 22:3)

Monday, December 07, 2009

Updated Mini-Album: Dec. 1st - 6th

I had a little bit of time this afternoon to work on my album while Josh and Sarah hung out with me in the scrapbook room. I had a lot of fun and got the first 6 days done.

Photobucket

And the back:

Photobucket

And here's the original photo that I used on Day 1 before adhering it to a business card, adding the "school" sticker, writing "preschool projects" with a red Bic, etc.

Photobucket

I didn't have any photos for Dec. 2nd but Jeff attended a big City Council meeting to show his support for the temple in Phoenix so I used his bright pink sticker on the back (attached to another old business card) and used a green paper clip to add a small newspaper article about it to the front.

Dec. 3rd has some pictures from my Cub Scout den meeting (all the pictures were printed at Costco since I still haven't ordered ink for my printer--to make the pictures small enough for my project but still in a format able to be printed at Costco I created a blank 4x6 document in Photoshop and placed my photos on it so that they would be approximately 2x3).

And here, to refresh your memory, is what Days 1-3 looked like before I added everything:

Photobucket

For December 4th, I created a pocket out of red cardstock stapled together on the edges with green sequin waste on top and my title adhered to the sequin waste with Glue Dots. I added pull tabs to three pictures and slid them into the pocket:

Photobucket

Here's what it looks like next to Days 1-3:

Photobucket

And here's what it looked like originally:

Photobucket

Also for your viewing pleasure, here are the 3 photos that I put in the pocket (the ones in the pocket are cropped versions of these pictures):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For December 5th I added a double-sided page which is now my current favorite in the album. Here is what I had in the album before making changes and additions:

Photobucket

And here is what I ended up with after adding photos to the chipboard page:

Photobucket

I also had an enlarged photo printed at Costco...I couldn't remember the size of my album so I had an 8x8 photo printed. When I came home and discovered that my album is more like 6x6 I simply trimmed a little off the photo to make it work. I adhered the photo to patterned paper (you'll see that in a moment), doodled a scalloped border around the edges of the photo with a white paint pen, and added felt and stickers:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's the back side of the photo where I added the patterned paper--I attached a foam number 5 (by Close to My Heart), a small photo of Jeff hanging lights on the house, and a journaling spot to finish off my Dec. 5th stuff:

Photobucket

Here are the originals of some of the photos I used on that day:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lastly, I finished my Dec. 6th page which was the clear acrylic:

Photobucket

Here's what the front of the page looks like now:

Photobucket

The photo is part of my Nativity set on the top of my piano...the picture wasn't actually taken on Dec. 6th but it matched the journaling for that day which I put on the back of the page:

Photobucket

I am really enjoying this album and having so much fun with it! This weekend I'm hoping to do a few more pages. Here are the pictures I took today of our dark, rainy weather...one of them will probably end up in the album:

Photobucket

Photobucket

*How was your first week of December? Have you tried this project? What other activities are you working on?*

4 comments:

Erika said...

Great layouts! Jeff looks so precarious on that ladder until it you tilt to look at the actual ground angle. lol. Makes you do a double take. I love the sequin pullout page!

MelissanWinslow said...

We got snow!! It's crazy windy and brisk outside. So I am loving my hot fire!!! And Hot chocolate with whip cream and cinnamon. Going on a girls day this weekend. First one in A YEAR!!! Started some file folder scrapbooks for the infants in my class. Feeling totally overwhelmed because I am sooo behind on the scrapbooking curve, but the babies won't care right! :) LOVE DECEMBER

Mindy said...

Awesome...as always!

Bethany Kartchner said...

I so love that album! It looks wonderful! :)